Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oprah Show update!...What Can't You Live Without?





Hi all...I am back. All the anticipation of seeing Oprah is over. But, as a new blogger, I remembered to bring my camera and take pictures. They took my camera and cell phone at Security.
So, here are the details. We got up at at 4am to beat early morning rush hour traffic. We stood in a long line of Oprah fans. We finally got thru the doors and were put in a standing room only Holding room with lots of pictures of Oprah and celebs on the wall. I stood next to her and Barry Manilow :) Finally, an hour later, in the studio,we could sit down. Staff came out and talked to us while we waited for Oprah to get ready. The show was on "What cant you live without?" There were 4 celebrities: Cindy Crawford and her husband, Ron. Since they can not live without Strawberry Rhubarb pie, we all got a piece of pie to eat. Very large piece and soo good. I am sure the recipe will be on Oprah .com next week. Ivonka Trumph was on. She loves her jewelry but NO, she did not give out any jewelry! Keisha Whitaker, Forrest's wife,was on and liked certain food items and bathrobes and this Kissable lip gloss that she named after past boyfriends. I got a tube named David. Rachel Roy , a fashion designer ,was on and I forget what she liked because I was talking to the couple next to me that just got engaged. Oprah likes her Skinny Cow ice cream so we all got to eat ice cream. Yummy!Oprah looked good. She had on a snug black dress and large earrings that Ivanka Trumph sent her in the shape of an O. After our ice cream, Oprah thanked us for coming and left the stage. It was a fun experience. In the top picture, I am farthest to the right, and in the last picture,I am the second one from the left. First is Suzane, myself, Roseanne , and Donna, my sister. We all went out to lunch in the city and made a day of it. I am ready to go again...but I have to wait a year now. So, the question of the day is: What cant you live without? Somehow, I think all of us would have a few different answers than the celebrities of this world. The show airs October 30 if you want to look for me in the crowd :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite an interesting topic no doubt! Another blogging friend posted about the fires in CA and what would you want to take with you if you could in an evacuation? Nothing in this life really matters much to me. I'm easily satisfied. I truly hope that the one thing in this life that I would want would be my Bible. I lost it once and even though I have many, the notes in the margins are my life. It turned up about a year later and I felt reconnected to the things the Lord had shown to me over the years.

I hope you really enjoyed your time in Chicago. My daughter is there today shopping. Thanks for sharing a special day with your new blogger friends :)

Unknown said...

My first thought is my bible too.

But as far as things I just enjoy and love and which make my life easier, I am a woman of routine so there are a few things I feel I need to be "happy".

My bed. That is MY bed. Any other bed will not do.

Popcorn.

Books.

That's my short list.

Glad you had fun. Donna looks really good. I have not seen her since your wedding I think. And I assume Suzanne made her lovely scarf.

Knit-Wit said...

Cool! That might just have to be the one Oprah show I will tune in for :-)

My first thought was my family - and then I read the other comments and thought - oooh - Bible! Good answer! Of course.... chocolate came in as a can't live without item also. :-)

Susan said...

Looks like a really fun, exciting day.

Not much I couldn't live without as long as I have my family.
Susan

Susie said...

I dropped in from Becky's to say "hi" and welcome to the world of blogging.
How fun that you got to see Oprah!
Interesting question you've posed.
Mine answer would also be my family.
Have fun in the world of blogging!
:)

Willow said...

Glad you had fun!
What could I not live without? Besides food, water and shelter...
shampoo
toothbrush
(glad someone mentioned Bible, me too)
The Professor and I have a saying,
"There are three great goods in life: comfortable bed, nice, hot shower, cup of good coffee in the morning."

Terri said...

Hi,
I just found you through Karolee's blog. What a fun day going to see Oprah. That would be a fun trip with my sisters!
What would I take in an evacuation - my family, pets, scrapbook pictures and family Bible. Some of those things are just irreplaceable.

Tammy said...

Right now, I can't live with out my remote control DVR...I just went and have scheduled your episode to be recorded because I don't always watch Oprah
;)

I'm glad you got to do something like this, it sounds like a blast!

Have a great day!

violetlady said...

I would love to go to an Oprah show where she gives out those really big gifts. Wouldn't everybody?
I left a sweet goody for you on my blog.

Karen said...

How fun! I've never attended a show like that before.
I actually wrote my post about my knitting before I "met" you, then posted it later. I could have added you too as I noticed you're also a knitter! I'm having fun learning. What are the circular needles for? I've seen them, but have no clue why you use them.

As for what I could not do without....it would have to be my family. :-)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You lucky girl, getting to see Oprah!! I would love to go! Should have gone when I lived in Indiana a few years ago, now I live it FL!

Welcome to blog world!

Katherine

someone else said...

Hi - How fun to have been there! I watched that show that day, so I may have seen you and didn't know it.

Thanks for visiting my blog this morning. Come back any time.

Michele said...

I think it's awesome that you went to the Oprah show! I've always wanted to visit ;0)

Thanks for sharing your memorable experience!

Smiles,
Michele
Writing the Cyber Highway