Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Wednesday!



Today, I will be home all day cleaning and getting things picked up before my work week. I have odd work hours. I work for one of the major insurance companies in this nation , on the phones taking claims. Hey...I carry our medical benefits and help pay a few bills...like taxes!
I work early from 5am to 11 am on Thurs, Fri and Sat. Since I live out of town, I get up at 3am to get there on time, and I mean right on time. With all the deer jumping this time of year, I fear I will be calling in my own claim. My drive to work is a good time to pray and listen to worship music so I enjoy that. Its quiet and always dark. I hope God doesnt mind getting up early to listen to me :)

I think I will finish my knitting today. I am working on a dishcloth for a coworker for Christmas...I have a few of these to get done before Christmas. I got this cool dishcloth book that I am having fun with! I took the pictures outside so you can see my knitting better and so I just snapped a shot of our yard too! Hmm...I wonder if anyone can guess which dishcloth I am making ..its on the front of the book :)

Have a blessed day!

Jody

10 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Those dish cloths look like fun! I just finished making a bunch of them for my kids' youth group bazarre. I just did a mindless, boring pattern which knitted up quickly.

Unknown said...

That looks like a big one.

I have a great dishcloth book too. But as you know, right now I am addicted to quilting. I still have an afghan to finish that i started last winter and had to give up on when the temps got too hot.

Have a fun day.

Anonymous said...

I need to learn to do this. Is this the book I need? I know the basics of knitting and really want to give this a try. Can I do it? Remember, I'm no Martha, but I am a willing soul.


Sorry the bike is put away for the winter months. I know how my husband hates to give it up. He rides even when there is snow as along as our roads are dry. I've never understood his love for that bike.

Robin said...

I'm making a set of 12 dishcloths for a present for an elderly lady in my church. (Thanks Becky for getting me into this LOL!!!)
They are fun and quick.
Your yard is beatiful!

Willow said...

You're knitting the middle one on the left. Ribbing--is it 3x3 or 2x2; it's too small to count. Isn't that a fun book? Dishcloths are a great way to learn new stitches.

Robin said...

Yes, I am doing the one for each month. The hardest part is finding the right color yarn I think. So are you saying that YOU started all this? Well thank you!It really IS fun.
Oh, as for my Oprah comments, I just don't connect with her like a lot of other women seem to. I just thought it was funny that the shelf stocker assumed I was a fan.

Anonymous said...

I need alittle more information on Bev's place and how to get to it?? Would you email me at the address listed on my profile page. I would so appreciate it :o) (...or you can leave another comment.)

Willow said...

I just had to reply to your comment at my blog.
First: I remember the first time someone besides my children commented on my blog. I was so excited. And then someone put me on their sidebar! I was so jazzed!

Second: Thanks for your compliment about the knitting. You'll get there, too. Just keep knitting and you'll learn new techniques with each project. I learned a new buttonhole on Kiti's green sweater.

Third: I'd love your yard (but not your work hours). And I'd love to have your discipline to ride your bike (I love to ride, too, but since moving in July, I haven't been on my bike ONCE!).

Karen said...

So pretty! This looks like a great way to learn to knit patterns. I've never used a knitted dishcloth before. They look too pretty to use.

Karen said...

I am so impressed with yours and Becky's knitting projects! I'm working on a "new to me" pattern from Deb at Homespun Living, and it just doesn't have the look of y'alls. Maybe practice helps. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. ;0)