Sunday, October 21, 2007

Gone To the OPRAH SHOW...be back Wednesday!









Hi everyone...I know I am new and I dont have alot of "readership" yet but for at least the few of you I have met, I wont be here for a few days. I am leaving Monday morning to go to the Oprah show, not be on it, just in the audience. I live a few hours from Chicago but I am spending the night with a friend since we have to be there at 6:30 am for the Tuesday morning taping. If you wondered how I got tickets, well, it was easy. I went to her website and the phone lines were open and the phone number was listed so I called...and called.....and called. Finally, a man named Mark answered the phone and said "Oprah reservations, what day would you like to come, I have the following dates available..." Yes, I freaked out, asked all kinds of Oprah questions, but he would not tell me what the show would be about. So, that will be my Wednesday post and I will tell you all about it. Gee, maybe I will get some return bloggers for this story ...see you all on Wednesday.
Today I am busy catching up on laundry, and making dinners for hubby and the boys the next few days. I know they can use a phone and order out but I prefer they eat well. A mom thing??

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, didn't Becky tell you the rules? You are not allowed to go away anywhere once you become a blogger. We will miss you! Oh well, I guess if you promise a detailed report of your Oprah trip we will let you go, but next time you better check the blogger handbook before you leave bloggerville.

Just kidding, and I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend. Have a great time in Chi-town :)

Willow said...

Wow! I never knew how one got to be in the audience for Oprah. My kids went to college in Los Angeles and they would go to show tapings to earn $$ for their various organizations.
Have a great time! See you when you return.

Unknown said...

She's not still giving away free cars to the audience, is she? :-)

Susan said...

Oh how fun!!!! I've always heard it was almost impossible to get a ticket. Will be eager to hear what the topic was.

See you just started blogging in time to get a big post topic like this!!!!
Susan

Karen said...

Have a wonderful time and we want to hear all about it when you get back!

And, next time, you'll need to show a note from your parents if you're going to be absent for more than a day, Missy.

Knit-Wit said...

How exciting! I'm not an Oprah fan - but it is always fun to be in the same room with someone famous! I look forward to "hearing" all about it!

Tammy said...

Well you are probably on your way at this time!

Have a safe trip and a great time!

Robin said...

Hi- I found your blog via Becky at The Butler's Wife. Any friend of hers is a friend of mine! Have fun with Oprah - I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thank you for stopping by to see me. And welcome to blogging. I'll have to come back & read more when I get a minute. Please come back & visit me again!

Rhoda

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, hope you had fun visiting the Oprah show. I would love to do that one day too.

Rhoda