Monday, November 12, 2007

Progress in my Pantry


Giving Thanks


I still consider myself a Baby Blogger because I am learning new things all the time . I was sent to Kelli's blog to try my hand at her sharing of activites week. I have a recipe idea but before I can make it, I have to clean my pantry! I clean this out every few months but somehow, it just gets cluttered and things get put back in the wrong places. So, I took a few pictures..here we go... First, above we have the "messy, disorganized, boys must have been here" pantry. Then I took every single item out and filled my counters. "Whoa! What happened" were the words from my son when he walked in after work. He noticed.


I wiped down all the shelves, pitched many items , consolidated others and 3 hours later, I have a clean pantry and clean kitchen once again! I am ready to take on Thanksgiving.
Thanks Kelli!
T Thanks to Karolee for the Friendly site Award. It was so fun to know I am on her blogroll. Go visit her in Montana..she has lots of fun stories and recipes that I am going to try.

17 comments:

Susan said...

Great job!!! Doesn't it feel good?
Susan

Unknown said...

Whoooo! Looking good. And you reminded me of a good hint that I can give with pantry shelves that are, like mine, those wire things. I will have to work on that.

Great job on the link on the bottom to Kelli's. You are doing good at this stuff.

~Bren~ said...

Your pantry and kitchen look beautiful. I just did the same in prep for Thanksgiving. It makes all the difference I think! Great job!

Knit-Wit said...

Your kitchen looks almost like the one I had in SD - brought back memories!

I've added you to my blogroll - so come and collect those two awards I'm passing out!

Mommy said...

Your before picture of your pantry looks a lot better than mine. I am too scared to do that! Yikes!. You have a very beautiful kitchen. Great job at the hard work. :)

Willow said...

Wow, I LOVE your kitchen!
Don't you feel so good when the pantry is clean? It's so freeing to declutter...which is what I've been doing all weekend at Kiti's: declutter, then pack the remains.

Robin said...

What a beautiful - and clean - pantry and kitchen!
Good job!

Terri said...

I love a clean pantry. Mine was cleaned out this summer and I think it's time to do it again. How does that happen?

Tammy said...

Great job...I need to now follow your example and do the same...lol!

Anonymous said...

Okay, first I read Becky's post and now yours. What's up with making us slackers feel so bad? I don't have a pantry, but I have cubboards that are a mess (of course thanks to my family.) I love order and I guess it's time to get with it and clean out the old and unused junk.

Motivators, that's what you two are...argh!

Robin said...

Blogocide?
I think that's a sin. (LOL)

Karen said...

Congrats on your award! I enjoy coming over here and feel right at home! It is well-deserved.

Nice job on the pantry!

Kelli said...

You did a *wonderful* job!! Wow! I can tell you worked very hard today! Thanks for joining in the fun!
Kelli
P.s You did a great job on your post too!

Karen said...

I was thinking your pantry didn't look all that bad to start with! It still looks very nice afterwards! ;0)

Paula said...

Can you come to my house? My pantry is awful. Great Job!

Karen said...

P.S. I tagged you for a meme:)

Barbara said...

No.....No..........No.........
Don't give up. You have a fine blog. Just do what comes naturally.
Get ideas from visiting other blogs but keep to your own ethos and make your site your own.
Don't get under pressure, keep your eyes open and yu wil be amazed how much more you become aware of what is going on around you when you look through blogging eyes.
I'm glad you got your cupboards clean anyhow.
I tried to leave a comment on your book information post but it would not publish.