Monday, November 19, 2007

The "Five Things" Post.....


My first tag experience....Karen, who did not stay on her side of the fence, jumped over and tagged me with this 5 thing challenge, so someday I will get her back! :) Here goes....

5 Things In A Room (I chose my bedroom)
1) This old box I keep on my dresser with some jewelry in it. It belonged to my grandmother.


2)This small change purse. It also belonged to my grandmother and its so old and I love it.

3) A picture of my sister and myself when we were small. She is the younger one and currently battles MS each day.



4) Body Balm for my heels before I go to bed. Anyone else battle dry heels? This heals it(no pun intended)



5) Willow tree prayer angel to remind me to pray, that includes those of you in blog world when you request it.


5 Things I Have Always wanted to do

1)Go to Disneyworld... I have never been there Becky.
2)Have a large herb garden
3)Ride in a hot air balloon
4)Re-new my wedding vows
5)Be a professional ice skater

5 Things I am currently into

1) Blogging...this is a hobby if you all didn't know it.
2)Deep cleaning my house in preparation for family arriving. This means windows, baseboards, ceiling fans, steam cleaning floors...all of it!
3)Radio contests. They give away some great prizes this time of the year.
4)Knitting dishcloths for anyone and everyone
5)Trying to eat better, just trying and trying

5 Things I found in my purse...I carry a black microfiber Ameribag, which I love.

1) Swiss army knife. Never know when you might need that.
2)Ibuprofen
3)Dental picks. You never know
4)Lots of coupons
5)Starbuck gift certificates...arent they cute this year?




5 Things I found in my Wallet

1)More coupons
2)My $50 CVS pharmacy card I got from the Oprah show
3)Parent of US Army pin(always on the front)
4)Pictures of my boys
5)Free oil change coupon




I am suppose to tag 5 people but I am afraid. Any volunteers? Anyone need a post idea? It really was not as bad as I thought :)

12 comments:

Karen said...

You did a great job! I really enjoyed this, especially the special mementos in your room. I'm so glad we've met through this bloggity thing!

Willow said...

Well, maybe I'll do it if I have time this week...
About the photo on my blog, it's a bottlebrush tree. Usually they are called bottlebrush BUSHES but like poinsettias here in SoCal they become TREES. (I think that's the name, if not I'll correct myself later) Here in our part of the country we have earthquakes, too.

Willow said...

PS: Your son/daughter is in the Army? So is my son. He is a Chaplain, leaving for the middle east very soon.

Unknown said...

I bet I am the only one out there that can say I did not learn a SINGLE thing about you in this post. In fact, I bet I could have done this post for you. Just as you could do it for me. Isn't that scary? In fact, I know your password! Hmmmm. But you don't have mine!

I might be tempted to do this after the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow, quite the list you have there!

I love the grandmother keepsakes. I have a few of those, too.

AHHH, the heels, me too. Nothing more needed to be said about that awful subject.

Tammy said...

I love that praying angel...I'm going to be on the lookout for one now!

Gal, slow down on that house cleaning, they are coming to see you not your baseboards...lol! No really don't wear yourself out and not be able to enjoy them!

Have a great day!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I enjoyed reading all the "Five Things!" I learned more about you!

I like your grandmother's box and the praying angel! Where can we find the heel healer??

Katherine

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

P.S. - I forgot to tell you I posted tonight about what you said about my Thanksgiving table, you might be surprised! Check it out!

Katherine

Karen said...

Ha ha ha, she didn't stay on her side of the fence. That's very witty!
I enjoy reading these, but can't seem to sit down long enough to do one. I have to write my posts in advance, and let them sit a while, tweak it, then maybe post it. ;0) I might change my mind later, and delete it before it ever hits the "blogwaves". Oh well. It stretches my aging mind, I guess. LOL!

Susie said...

Hi Jody,
Loved reading all these things as it helps me learn a bit more about you. I love Willowtree angels too. I have quite a few in my collection..
Your Grandma's jewelry box is so beautiful. What a wonderful keepsake along with her change purse.

xo

magnoliasntea said...

Your posts sure don't seem like they're from a newish blogger! Another wonderful post!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Hello! My computer crashed and I lost some of my favorite blogs, including yours and Becky's!

I would like to invite you to visit my home, it's on BooMama's Home tour today! Can you believe there's almost 300 on Mr. Linky! Wow!

Merry Christmas!

Katherine