Friday, November 16, 2007

In All things..even our job...give thanks!

Giving Thanks

Good Morning from my place of work. I didn't expect to do a blog this morning, but Kelli has inspired me to think this week, of things to do and things to be thankful for. So many mornings, well about every time I drive to work, I really don't want to go. I want to be home. I have struggled with this for so many months now. I like my job and the people I work with, I just would rather be home. But this week, I was in a thankful mindset for this job. It is only 18 hours a week (3 6-hr days) so I really can not complain. But my job is our benefits. It offers a good pension and I make a good hourly wage. I have a Special Ed degree and did teach for many years, but since children, I have subbed in their school and now joined the corporate world. I loved working with Spec Ed but subbing did not have benefits. I know if I did not work, I would feel guilty not helping out a little. So, today,on record, I will be thankful and try hard not to complain to my blog buddy anymore.
God has blessed us and I want to have a grateful attitude since I will be there awhile. If you are ever in an accident and have insurance through a major insurance company :) I may get to talk to you!
Have a blessed day everyone and in all things, yes, even our jobs, give thanks!

10 comments:

Karen said...

I don't want to be in an accident, but I know you would take good care of me if it happened! How nice it would be to talk to someone like you:)

This was a timely post. I've been crabby about my job of late. I work from home, but the hours are getting longer. But thank God I have the opportunity to work my own hours, especially since my kids depend on me for transportation to and from school.

And, yay for us -- it's Friday!

Robin said...

I think you must be my long-lost twin or something! I grumble about having to work all the time. And like you, I appreciate the benefits my job provides, but oh the things I could do if I were at home! I am not a career person - my heart is at home. It's always been so frustrating to me that I have never been able to be a stay-at-home mom/wife for any length of time.
But you are so right. We need to be thankful that God has provided for us in the way that He has.

violetlady said...

I needed this right now. I am a realtor and things are slow, so instead of staying in the office, I stay home. Not always a good idea. Thank you for the inspiration.

Mommy said...

(((HUGS))) I am glad that you are choosing to be thankful in *everything*. :)

Susie said...

Glad you took the time to find reasons to be thankful for your job.
It is Friday, and the weekend is just ahead!!
xo

Willow said...

I work 5 days a week, 3 hours a day. Kindergarten Title 1 teacher. So I understand the not wanting to get up in the morning. You are right to remind me and all of us (there are lots of us who read your blog and would be sad to not have it to read, so don't quit!) that we should be thankful we HAVE jobs and are healthy enough to earn at least part of our living. The Professor and I each work part time, but his job has the benefits. This way we both have time to pursue our interests and especially to help our family--kids and siblings. Thanks for reminding me!

Anonymous said...

You know if your "friend" gets sick of you, you now have me to come to :o) Anytime, I promise to listen.

Love the thoughts you shared as I too would rather be home everyday even though I do love my work. I would love to be your personal tech in picking out glasses. Too bad you are in the wrong state.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I've had a hard time getting around to reading all the Giving Thanks posts this week (as well as posting myself) but here I am late! I enjoyed reading yours, you are doing a fine job!

Katherine

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

In response to your post . . . Thank YOU for your blog and for reminding us there really are blessings in all things. Even our jobs.

Tammy said...

You haven't got back to me on where you work ;)
I emailed you askin'!
I remember feeling much the same as you when I worked "you know where"...I'm feelin' mighty blessed that I don't have to work outside the home anymore.
I hope you are having a great weekend!